Postdoctoral research assistant at
Queen Mary University of London
I am a Postdoctoral Research Associate at the Queen Mary University of London. I received my PhD at the University of Trento in January 2015 after successfully defending my thesis "Designing New Experiences of Music Making". I hold an MS in computer science and an MS in biomedical data processing. My main research interests are focused on musical interface design and evaluation, digital art, multimodal interactions, and sound processing.
- Interface and instrument design
- Computational Creativity
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Algorithmic Composition
- Interactive Art
Supporting Singers with Tangible and Visual FeedbackMatassa, A., Morreale, F.
Proceedings of the International Working Conference on Advanced Visual Interfaces. ACM
A Quality Adaptive Multimodal Affect Recognition System for User-Centric Multimedia IndexingGupta, R., Khomami Abadi, M., Cárdenes Cabré, J.A., Morreale, F., Falk, T.H. and Sebe, N.
In Proceedings of the 2016 ACM on International Conference on Multimedia Retrieval (pp. 317-320). ACM
Collaborating With An Autonomous Agent To Generate Affective MusicMorreale, F., De Angeli, A.
Accepted for publication at ACM Computers in Entertainment, special issue on Musical Metacreation
Evaluating Visitor Experiences with Interactive ArtMorreale, F., De Angeli, A.
In Proc, of the 11th Biannual Conference on Italian SIGCHI Chapter. ACM, 50-57.
Weighting Play and Learning in InteractionConci, A., Core, C., Morreale, F..
PALX Workshop, Player and Learner Experience at CHITaly 2015
CHI'15 Workshop 05 "Collaborating with Intelligent Machines: Interfaces for Creative Sound", April 18, 2015, Seoul, Republic of Korea.
In Proc. of Experiencing Light '14
Proc. of International Workshop on Computer and Robotic Systems for Automatic Music Performance at IAS 13
Proc. of Practice-Based Research Workshop at NIME '14
Proc. of NIME '14
CHI ’14 Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems
Personal and Ubiquitous Computing, 1-13
Proceedings of SMC Sound and Music Computing 2013
CHI'13 Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems
Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Music & Emotion (ICME3)
Designing Interactive Systems, 2012 - Designing Performative Interactions in Public Spaces Workshop
Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Auditory Display
- Local Chair, 10th ACM Italian SIGCHI Chapter (CHItaly) Trento, 2013
- SV Chair, 12th International Conference on the Design of Cooperative Systems (COOP) Trento, 2016
- AC Member, ACM CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems Late Breaking Work, 2016
- PC Member, 12th ACM International Working Conference on Advanced Visual Interfaces (AVI) Como, 2014
- PC Member, 12th International Conference on the Design of Cooperative Systems (COOP) Trento, 2016
- PC Member, COOP 2016 Interactive Experiences, 2016
- PC Member, XXI Colloquio di Informatica Musicale, 2016
- PC Member, Workshop on Ubiquitous games and gamification for promoting behavior change and wellbeing @ CHItaly, 2013
- Reviewer, International Journal of Human-Computer Studies - Elsevier, from 2014
- Reviewer, Journal of Multimedia Tools and Applications - Springer, from 2016
- Reviewer, Journal of Music and Dance, from 2015
- Reviewer, PeerJ Computer Science Journal, from 2015
- Reviewer, ACM CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, from 2012
- Reviewer, ACM International Working Conference on Advanced Visual Interfaces, from 2012
- Reviewer, Sound and Music Computing Conference, from 2013
- Reviewer, International Computer Music Conference, from 2014
- Fani Jasmine Bahar - University of Trento, Research Co-supervisor, Summer 2013 - Spring 2014. - Digital Music Instrument: Analyzing Hand Gesture to Understand Hand Movement towards Music Parameters
- Bhupen Oli - University of Trento, Research Co-supervisor, Winter 2012 - Winter 2013. - Influencing Musical Elements using Gestures: A study on understanding users need for interactive music creation using gestures
- Raul Masu - Conservatory of Music of Trento, Research Co-supervisor, Summer 2014 - Summer 2015. -
- Alan Ramponi - University of Trento, Research Co-supervisor, Fall 2013 - Spring 2015. - Progettazione concettuale di una piattaforma interattiva per l’educazione musicale
- Leonardo Lanzinger - University of Trento, Research Co-supervisor, Fall 2013 - Summer 2014. - Prototyping and evaluation of the Leap Motion as a musical controller
- Anna Berton - University of Trento, Research Co-supervisor, Spring 2013 - Summer 2014. - Affidabilità di dati comportamentali nell'interazione con installazioni artistiche
- Jiří Troup - Czech Technical University in Prague, Research Reviewer, Summer 2014. - Generative Music Techniques
- Maria Teresa Chietera, University of Trento, Research Co-supervisor, Spring 2013 - Winter 2013. - Designing Visual Feedback for an Interactive Installation
- Valentina Caforio - University of Trento, Research Co-supervisor, Winter 2012 - Summer 2013. - Behaviour Understanding of the Visitors of The Music Room Through Video Analysis
- Riccardo Rigo - University of Trento, Research Co-supervisor, Winter 2012 - Summer 2013. - Design of an Interface for Emotion-Based Semi-Automatic Composition of Soundtracks